Cleaning The Pizzarette
Follow these steps to ensure you properly clean and care for your Pizzarette mini pizza oven:
- Allow the hot appliance to cool down at least 30 minutes before cleaning and storing.
- When hot, the terracotta dome must never come into contact with water or
be placed on a cold surface (danger of cracking).
- Normally, the terracotta dome does not have to be cleaned. If cleaning is necessary, use warm water and a very soft brush or cloth.
- Caution: the terracotta dome is sensitive to breakage and is not suitable for a dishwasher.
- Rinse the pizza spatulas with warm water and a soft brush or cloth. Spatulas are dishwasher safe but aside from the dough cutter and the spatulas, no other parts should be placed in the dishwasher.
- For Pizzarette Classic models: rinse the baking sheet with warm water and a soft brush or cloth.
- For Pizzarette models with Cooking Stone: the pizza stone can be cleaned with a soft, dry brush and if needed with a damp cloth. Never immerse into water or rinse directly under the water.
- Once clean and dry, place the products back into the original box just as they came with the styrofoam to prevent the dome from cracking or any part to be unnecessarily exposed.
- If the appliance is not to be used for a period of time, the baking sheet should be very lightly oiled or greased to prevent rust.